skelly151
skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
8748477

what if you working for a family member,for homemaking agency.The

Customer Question

what if you working for a family member,for homemaking agency.The state give the client 129hrs. But they gave the worker 117hrs . The state give the homemaker agency 1,985. And the worker that me.117hrs at 9.00hrs. But that not agree a the contract
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You can complain to thedepartment of labor because they deviated from the agreed contract and paid less. Look on your state dept of labor website and go to the complaint section. They will assist you in getting the right payment.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will i need a labor attorney to help me? I'm trying to switch from Medtech Agency ( The ones stealing from me) to my daughter school so i can do the same job with hospitality. How do i go about doing that?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You should be able to do that so long as you do not have a noncompete agreement. You can report them to the dept of labor without having to hire a lawyer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I signed a contract with them but they are using the plan from the contract i DID NOT sign and told me to dispose of the valid contract with my signature on it.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.

if you agreed to not be employed by another health care agency you will need to fight this version and inform them in writing that you contest its validity and that it is not legal because you did not sign the version they are trying to use against you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I wonder how much can i sue them for - if i can sue them- and how long will it take and also if sentenced- how long in jail?

Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
They will answer in a civil court so there is no jail sentence since it is not a criminal matter. You can usually sue for treble or three times the exact amount you were wrongfully denied to punish them for not paying you in a legal manner.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
since i dont need a lawyer who will represent me in court in chicago- who will help me i went to dhs and they wont help me who do i go to
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.

If you complain to the state agency they will assist you or refer you to a lawyer if needed but you can look on Martindale>com to get an excellent labor lawyer if you need to defend yourself against the non compete but go to your state labor dept and let them fight on your behalf for your wages and best of luck