skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues

I work in sales and am paid a comission. Recently instead

I work in sales and am paid a comission. Recently instead of 'steady pay', they require us to clock in and out and are paying us minmum wage. At the end of each week if you have no sales comissions that are being paid you will be paid your hourly wage. If on the following week you have comissions being paid they take back all of the hourly, including any mandatory meeting time. Also, they do not want any overtime accrual. On a couple of occasions, we had to sign a piece of paper (because we were over 40 hours in the week), that we would not clock in, but that they would include that in our pay, (only to be taken back at a later date). Does everything seem kosher here?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
No it does not. Look on Nevada's website for the Department of Labor and they will summarize the laws as it responds to minimum wage. If you are over 40 hours a week by federal law you must be paid at least time and a half. Also you are to be paid for mandatory meetings.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not really satisfied with an answer that tells me to look up Nevada State Laws. I was looking for specifics in regard to, is it legal for them to take back all the money, and so forth, I don't want to have to do my own research.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
I told you as to the specific examples you provided but if you want to look at filing a complaint you need to go to the website. By law they only have to pay you minimum wage so by the conversion it does not appear invalid but the meetings and overtime is not permissible. Anything else?