JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

I had a former patient male whom I only saw once, after hours,

I had a former patient<male> whom I only saw once, after hours, as a dental favor, make an allusion to me on line, that he thought I had fondled him, when I did dental work on him. I did not use Nitrous Oxide, nor was he sedated. He is basically lying about the alleged accusation, and I belive wants to shake me down for maybe money. What can I do if he threatens to go with this public?
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

There are two things to keep in mind: extortion is a crime and if he communicates that his silence must be bought, you can go to the police department. It has to be a clear deal though: money for silence.

Second, accusing someone of a crime is per se libel or slander and you can sue for civil damages.

Best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!