J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
15393114

What can you sue a cable company for if they ran their man

What can you sue a cable company for if they ran their man cable line through my sewer line and damaged it.I missed two days work and did without bathrooms for 4 days.It was Cox Communications in Broken Arrow OK.
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 7 years ago.
You can sue them for negligence. For damages, you can seek compensation for repair to your sewer line, loss of use of your property, and lost wages.

The information is provided for discussion and entertainment purposes only. I believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading, accepting, and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

I appreciate your "Accepting" my answer if it has been helpful to you. Doing so allows me to continue helping in this manner. I will be available for follow-up questions should you have them after you click "Accept". Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How much can I sue them for under the negligence. They paid for the line repair, but dont want to pay for lost wages and just offered me a 400 credit on cable and want me to sign a release form. I told them no.
A negligence claim allows you to see for you direct damages, which include sewer line repair and lost wages. Unfortunately, you can't get separate or punitive damages in a case like this. You can only sue to be "put in the position you would have been in had the negligence not occurred".