Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I HAVE A DISABLED ADULT SON WHO LIVES WITH HIS MOM. SHE & I

Customer Question

I HAVE A DISABLED ADULT SON WHO LIVES WITH HIS MOM. SHE & I ARE DIVORCED, AND SHE IS THE CUSTODIAL PARENT. HOWEVER, WE ARE LEGAL CO-GUARDIANS. THE DIVORCE DECREE LIMITS ME TO 2-4 HOURS OF SUPERVISED VISITATION A WEEK. MY LAWYER HAS TOLD ME THAT I HAVE NO ENFORCEABLE VISITATION RIGHTS THRU DIVORCE COURT, AND THAT I NEED TO GO THRU PROBATE COURT. I WANT TO INCREASE MY VISITATION HOURS EACH WEEK UNSUPERVISED, BUT I'M NOT LOOKING FOR OVERNIGHT STAYS YET.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Yes he is correct here. You can try writing the probate court and asking for additional visitation here for longer duration. Ask for a hearing on the matter. To me this is totally reasonable and the court should grant such increased visitation. This will help the child in this matter..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If you can refer me to an experienced Chicago-area lawyer in probate court for guardianship issues with disable adults, I will be happy to pay you for each referral.

Thank you & take care,

Larry

Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome and thank you for letting me hlep you..