LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

My father owned a resort. He sold off the cottages and formed

My father owned a resort. He sold off the cottages and formed a condo assn. including his house as well. Is there any way his house can now be removed from the condo assn?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

If your father's home was included in the condo association, there is no way to break that piece of property out without essentially dissolving the association itself. There may be local laws prohibiting that as well based on zoning ordinances.

The reality is, that there is virtually no chance to separate just his parcel from the association.

I wish you the best.

I’ll put forth my best effort in assisting you. When you are able to respond to

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,