Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

Can I have a sample of letter of notification of an intention

Can I have a sample of letter of notification of an intention of not extended my employment contract?
Below is a sample:

Date

Dear (EMPLOYER NAME)

This is to inform you that I am submitting my resignation of employment, effective two weeks from (TODAY’S DATE).

I appreciate the experience (COMPANY’S NAME) has provided me, and I feel that I have fulfilled my duties to the best of my ability. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to accept a new position. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this move is in the best interests of my family, myself, and my career. I appreciate your respect of my decision.

I wish all the best for (COMPANY’S NAME) in the future and will do my best to have all of my work in order by (LAST DATE OF EMPLOYMENT).

Sincerely,

Other samples can be accessed here.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you so much for fast and nice response. BUT what I want is not a sample of resignation letter, I am not resigning BUT I am not going to sign the extension of the contract I will work till end of my contract, I need the SAMPLE OF NICE LETTER WHICH SHOW MY EMPLOYER THAT I MA NOT GOING TO WORK WITH HIM IN NEXT COMING YEAR (STARTING APRIL) I HAVE ALREADY VERBAL SPOKEN WITH HIM.

Regards,

Abdul.

Thank you for the clarification.

So this would be a memo confirming your discussions with him that you are not renewing the contract after it expires.

Sometime like:

MEMO [or letter]

TO:
DATE:
SUBJECT: Confirmation and Notice to Not Seek Renewal of Existing Employment Contract.
FROM:

This memorandum will confirm our discussions of [DATE] that I will not be seeking to extend the renewal of my employment contract as [name of position] at [Name of company]. My contract is set to expire on [DATE]. I will continue to work for the balance of my contract.

As per our discussions you are aware I have accepted a position with another company to begin after my contract has ended here. I am looking forward to my new position and the challenges that await me. I am very greatful for the opportunity you have given me here and I am here to support you in anything you need from me.

Please feel free to contact me at any time should you have any questions, need me to help out with anything or to assist my replacement with training.

Sincerely,