Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts

What is an Amended complaint. Its a civil case.

What is an Amended complaint. It's a civil case.

An "amended complaint" is what results when the party suing (plaintiff or petitioner) changes the complaint he/she has filed. It must be in writing, and can be done before the complaint is served on any defendant, by agreement between the parties (usually their lawyers), or upon order of the court. Complaints are amended to correct facts, add new causes of action (bases for the lawsuit), substitute discovered names for persons sued as "Does," or to properly plead a cause of action (the legal basis for suing) after the court has found the complaint inadequate. Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for helping you. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge. Thanks!

We don't offer those services here. But you can either Google paralegals in your area or find a local law office here:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What Cali form's do i use?
Are you in small claims or a higher court?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In Cali we can download legal form's online. I need to know what form's to use to amend my complaint.
I know that, thanks. What I need to know is if you are in small claims court or superior court. There are different forms for different courts. I also need to know if the defendant has already answered the original complaint or if he filed a motion to dismiss.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im in superior court and yes he intend's to file for a dismissal.