C.Fortunato
C.Fortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker
14232603

who has the legal right to copy your drivers license

who has the legal right to copy your drivers license?
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
Can you be more specific?

Is there a particular person/agency that you are asking about whether or not they can?

What state is this in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
this is in the state of washington at a medical facility. They don't just scan the back of the D/L but want a copy of it each time you receive treatment.
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
I'm a CA attorney, I am going to opt out so a WA expert may assist. They should be with you shortly.
Expert:  C.Fortunato replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

The medical facility has the right to copy your driver's license if and only if you give them permission to do so.

But I think the real question is, can medical treatment be denied if you do not allow them to copy your license - and the answer is no.

If I have fully answered your question, please click on the "ACCEPT" button, as per your agreement with "JUST ANSWER." If you need further information, please let me know.

Thank you!

C.Fortunato, Attorney
Experience: Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker