lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

is buying a land contract from my sister and her husband and

Customer Question

is buying a land contract from my sister and her husband and then her using her Free Investment Co., name for me to make the monthly payment to, considered buying my land contract from a relative?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Not exactly sure what you are asking. I think you are saying that if you make the payments, is that considered buying the land. The answer is no. You need to actually execute a contract of sale and record it at the courthouse. How would you prove the terms if something were to happen to your sister and her husband?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I bought my house on a Land Contract, all legally signed and done 12-8-2009 but she is saying we bought it from her Company, but her name and her husbands name is XXXXX XXXXX Seller, then when we recorded the property transfer at the tax office she added her Company name under there names. Does this mean that I bought this property from a relative or her Company?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You are buying the property from the person(s) or entity(s) that are the recorded owners of the property. You need to check their deed to see how the property is titled. If it is titled in the company name, you are buying the land from the company. That is probably why she added the company name.