INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I just heard my boyfriend was arrested last week and in jail

Customer Question

I just heard my boyfriend was arrested last week and in jail in North Carolina. How do I find out what the charges are?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You can go to the precint and inquire but likely you should have him retain legal counsel who can represent him and communicate with you as to the status.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have a clue the precint...and dont think I want to help. I just want to know if I can find out his charges. You see, I found out he was arrested from HIs WIFE that I didn't know anything about....but I want to make sure nothing comes back my way. I live in Detroit....he is in Charoltte.
You can also go to the courthouse and inquire as to the charges.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I CANNOT GO TO THE COURTHOUSE. I LIVE IN DETROIT. I DON' T KNOW WHAT COURTHOUSE. HOW DO I FIND OUT THIS KIND OF INFORMATION? WILL THEY GIVE IT TO ME IF I CALL?

FOR $30, I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME REAL DIRECTION. PLEASE. I AM FRUSTRATED TRYING THE INTERNET AS IT IS NOT MY AREA OF COMFORT. I NEED SOME DIRECTION ON WHAT STEPS I CAN DO FROM DETROIT TO FIND OUT ABOUT CHARGES IN NORTH CAROLINA. ALL I KNOW IS HE IS SUPPOSED TO SEE THE JUDGE TOMORROW AND HE HAS BEEN THERE SINCE WEDNESDAY. PLEASE ADVISE.

If you know where he was arrested you can ask what courthouse he was brought to by contacting the police. You can also inquire with family members who may have such information. I realize it is frustrating but when one is arrested such information often comes from the arrested person who contacts family through a lawyer or call.