Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Hello. My name is Jason Whitfield, from Mississippi. My son

Hello. My name isXXXXX from Mississippi. My son was born on July 21, 2008; my wife and son were discharged on July 25. We have 80/20 co-pay ins. The balance due was $1292. The hospital uses a third party medical billing company for its accounts receivable. I called on Oct 24 to arrange payments of $150 per month to be debited on the 15th of each month. The first payment was Nov 4, the second Dec 4, then Jan 2 and Jan 29. I called on Feb 13 to reduce payment to $50 per month, due to unexpected unemployment, and to inquire about the two payments in January. It was said that the two payments must have been an acc'ting error. It was agreed that no pymnts would be made until Mar 15, but I was debited on Feb 20. On Feb 25, I called to clarify the pymnt intentions and to state that the debit acct would be suspended if any charges were posted b4, and was assured that no pymnts would be made until April 15. On Feb 28, I was debited $150, which put my checking account in arrears.

Hi - I practice in Mississippi.

If the debits were unauthorized by you, you're entitled to have the money refunded to your account, plus the creditor is responsible for reimbursing you for any overdrafts.

If they give you a hard time, you should contact the consumer fraud division of the state attorney general:

They'll help you get thing straight.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. I knew that the situation didn't seem ordinary.

Yea, you need to get this straight, and if they can't do what they say, cancel the automatic drafts.

Good luck.