Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

what rights 18 yr olds have regarding how long they may visit

Customer Question

what rights 18 yr olds have regarding how long they may visit a friend? while he or she still live at home.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
An 18 year old is an adult and as an adult, has the right to visit or not visit a friend for any length of time he chooses. However, if the 18 year old is living at home, the parents may impose restrictions on the 18 year old as a condition to residing in the house.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the mother allowed the 18 yr old to go with us to chuch than the mother left a measage on my phone telling me bring her home after church or the mother will come to my house to pick her up. the girl dose not want to be picked up untill after dinner when I will take her home.what should |I do ? she has not seen my son for 2 weeks

Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

An eighteen year old child of another person is not your responsibility. Let her mother deal with her directly.