Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

i have a restraining order against this person but what happened

i have a restraining order against this person but what happened is she call a police that i violated a restraining order.i drop my babys father at his work were tthis person is also working.i didnt even saw her.i was shock when a police officer went to my apartment and talk to me that i violated a restraining order.i told the police officer that im the one who filed a restraining order against this person and was already granted with a court.but the police officer told me that this person also file a restraining order against me,but i didnt received any leter from them or from the court.the police officer told me that i already violated a law.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

If there is a restraining order against you, you need to be served with it. If you are now served with a contempt charge for violating the RO, you will need to inform the court that you were not served with the RO and had no prior knowledge of it.