Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I bought a used car yesterday and traded in my paid off car,

I bought a used car yesterday and traded in my paid off car, now my husband who is the co-signer wont sign the papers, only I did? what do I do? CanI take the car back?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You can only return it if the contract permits or the seller consents. The seller may consent on learning that there is no co signor. Review the contract and seek to negotiate respectively.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well, they never gave me the contract because they were waiting for my husband to come in and sign. I only signed, so it is a partial contract. I just don't know if I can re-negotiate to get a lower payment or will they give me my van back?
You need to ask to see the contract to see if you can cancel at this point. You cant demand new terms but can seek to negotiate though.