INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I have lived in an apt four 4 years I have just found out that

I have lived in an apt four 4 years I have just found out that the apt has 2X'the Radon allowed by the EPA what are my rights? an my landlord has charges the apts by the number of people living there example our gas and water is divided by 4 since I have 3 children 9,8,7 who live with me, The rest of the people in the 4 plex get charged by the number of people in there apt. How ever the person who had 2 children was not charged for them, and then the kids who come see their dad don;t get charged even if they stay weeks durning the summer or just over weekends.   Then I would like to know who us paying for the water and electric in the wash room since the washer and dryer are nor on seperate meters and we still pay to use the washer and dryer.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
what specifically do you want to know and what have you tried?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As I said I have talked to the EPA and the Local Heath Dept who have told me that there is nothing that I can do. I have paid her 4 years of rent to help possibly get my children and me sicker, I need to know what I can do since I'm now moving and it has cost me a great deal I'm a singke grandma whois raising 3 grandchildren. With the Radon being 2x's the level she should be reponsible for something or am I wrong? Not having done a walk through when we first got the apt is there not a law that that should be done? Is it not her responsibility to check her property for health safety?
You should sue the landlord for the excess payments and medical expenses. Have a lawyer send a demand letter first. see www.martindale.com for local counsel.