Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

we traded a car to a car lot about a month ago & bought a used

we traded a car to a car lot about a month ago & bought a used one they were suppose to pay off our car. Since then the salesman has used every excuse including telling us the credit union paid off the wrong car.Then he gave us a check to make a payment on the 1st car we had & that check bounced .He has still not paid our 1st car off & it has been sold & we are left with 2 car payments & 1 car & my husband looking like a fool because called the credit union & told them they paid the wrong car off.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

what is your specfic legal question?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hi there,

What can we do about this or can we do anything abou this.

everything in your story sounds like there has been a criminal act. It's hard to say exactly what has happened... fraud, embezzlement, etc., but something is definitely not right. Consider contacting law enforcement and the better business bureau. Also, definitely speak with the owner/manager of the dealership and contact an attorney that specializes in civil litigation to discuss bringing a civil suit against the salesman and the car lot. Best of luck.

If this was informative, please remember to click "accept" so I may receive credit for my personal time and knowledge. Thank you.