Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

if a tenant of a commercial building leaves Are they allowed

if a tenant of a commercial building leaves Are they allowed too take extinguisers(fire)that have been mounted on walls,a key pad entry system which were mounted on walls.they were purchased by the tenant.without us being told?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

Ordinarily, a commercial tenant who vacates a premesis is entitled to leave with only those fixtures that they brought into the tenancy. In other words, if a fire extinguisher was mounted on the wall when the tenant got there, the tenant is ordinarily not allowed to take it when they leave; if the tenant mounts a fire extinguisher after the occupancy commences, the tenant can take it with them when they leave.

That said, if a tenant mounts fixtures that cause damage to the premises, and if said mounting is done in violation of the rental/lease agreement or without permission from the landlord, the landlord is ordinarily entitled to reimbursement for the repairs. best of luck.

If this was informative, please remember to click "accept" so I may receive credit for my personal time and knowledge. Thank you.