Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts

I live in West Virginia and was wondering if you can sue a

I live in West Virginia and was wondering if you can sue a volunteer fire department.They refused to respond when they got toned out for my house fire,we lost everything in the fire.

Yes you can. If they were negligent by not putting out the fire or failing to respond, you can sue them just like you would anyone else that owed a duty to you and breached that duty. Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for helping you. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me so quick,I dont know how to go about sueing them,they are definantly in the wrong.I live in a small community in W.V. and we rely heavily on community.

I understand. You need to consult with a civil attorney either in your area or outside of it if no one is willing to help you with this. You can use this site here to find an attorney in your area and you can also search for ones outside your county. Most attorneys travel 3-5 counties outside their own county to try cases.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you know of any good lawyers in West Virginia?We are originaly from N.J. and miss all the well known professionals in that area.

This is the best site I can recommend to you for searching, because the attorneys there are peer-rated and reviewed: Anyone you find there will be good. Also, you can email different attorneys with regard to your case right from their profiles.