How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55860
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get a judgment removed from my records How can

Resolved Question:

I want to get a judgment removed from my records? How can I do that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
Is the judgment entered in error?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, after further research I found that I really did owe the amount in question. I missed the court date because of work. I filed a motion to set it aside but have not heard from the court and it has been almost a year. It is affecting my credit record. I am willing to pay but it doesn't seem that it will make any difference.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
If you pay off the judgment, the creditor will file a satisfaction of judgment with the court and the credit reports will indicate it as satisfied.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
But it will still remain in the records. Correct? Is there a way to have it removed?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I know that but I want to know if I can have it removed not just satisfied since that will do nothing for my credit record
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
It will be marked as satisfied but wont disappear.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I guess I am still not being clear on what I am asking. Are you saying there is no legal way to have this negative information set aside or removed? This is my question -- I already know what you have told me so far.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
If it was placed falsely you could but as it remain in the court file and has not been vacated you cannot.
INFOLAWYER and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you