LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

i work 60 hours a week as a bus boy waiter and cokk make 150.00

i work 60 hours a week as a bus boy waiter and cokk make 150.00 tips ,am I entitled to overtime for the 20 extra hours each week
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 8 years ago.

What is your state please?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
texas

Okay, give me a few minutes to formulate my answer for you. I will post it here ASAP.

Texas requires that non-exempt employees earn overtime for all hours worked over 40 in a week. As a bus boy, waiter and cook, you would not be exempt and therefore, your employer would be required to pay you overtime. You should report this issue to the TX Department of Labor: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ so that they can look into this issue for you. You would be entitled to all back-pay for overtime, as well as any future overtime. Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for helping you. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge. Thanks!