Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Does Nolle Prosequi determination mean I am not guilty of traffic

Does Nolle Prosequi determination mean I am not guilty of traffic ticket I received as a result of a traffic accident
It means that the charge has been dismissed and thus for now you are not guilty. The difference between a Nolle Pros and a regular dismissal is that anytime within the statute of limitations, the prosecutor can decide to reinstitute the charges against you and they generally do so only when there is no payment by for the damages by the insurer or for some other exigent reason. Unless and until this happens, all it means is the charges were dismissed and it is like the case never happened.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can u answer the remainder of my question?
If the ticket was nolle prossed, then it simply means it was dismissed, not that you were guilty or even not guilty. If the case was dismissed, then you do not need to claim it on applications, since it does not appear on your driving record.