INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Is it legal for my company I work for to mail out in regular

Is it legal for my company I work for to mail out in regular first class mail, documents that contain information that contains information that concerns my job performance.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.

Mail to you?

in what state?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My district manager sent to me in mail documents stating that I have been insubordinate,which provides details that describe the reasons for insubordination. He is requesting that I signed them and return them to him. I have never seen these documents before and my concern is that he has allowed confidential information out to whomever since it was sent in regular first class mail. My question is should this been sent out by certified mail
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My question is , is it legal to send personal documents concerning my job perfomance, out in regular in regular first class mail.

There is no prohibition on mailing documents in this manner.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Since this information was not sent in cetified mail would that not allow this personal information available to whom ever opened this mailing which would allow someone else to see my personal information
Opening mail addressed to you whether sent regular mail or certified by anyone other than you is illegal.