P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

can i not pay a mortage on one house without effect on the

can i not pay a mortage on one house without effect on the one i actually live in and the bills i am paying
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me

1. What state this is in? Are both homes in the same state

2. Tell me more about the this a second home? A rental? Why would you stop paying the mortgage?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1. no

2. i live in ct. the home is empty. i owned this double wide first. tried to sell but got no offers. money is really tight now and without this obligation i could make ends meet better

Sorry, but the property you want to stop paying on is a mobile the other property also a mobile home? Is that your primary residence?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no it is a colonial. yes my family live here. i needed to leave tn to care for my mom is this state.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the double wide is placed on a acres of land. there are several of this type along the street

If you stop paying the mortgage on the trailer and go into default on that loan, you run the risk of a foreclosure.

Now if there is a foreclosure, your goal would be to avoid a deficiency judgment.

Having said that, its important to understand that TN allows both judicial and non judicial foreclosures.

So, if the lender goes through the entire foreclosure process and obtains a deficiency judgment, they can get a judgment for the difference in the value of the home and the amount of the loan. For that reason, if you can not re-negotiate your contract, I would look at the loan documents to determine what type of foreclosure is available to the lender. If you can not re-finance or negotiate terms, you still have options

You can ask the lender to allow a short sale

More info here:

Or you can ask the lender to allow a deed in lieu

But since you lender has the option to judicially or non-judicially foreclose, they may or may not be interested.

Your goal out the process is to avoid a deficiency this would allow the lender to pursue your other assets to satisfy the judgment.

Best of luck

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time