Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

Can a spouse put his wife in rehab if she is harmful to herself

Can a spouse put his wife in rehab if she is harmful to herself or Children.
what state are yopu in ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My daughter has become a heroine addict and she has 3 kids her spouse wants her in rehab. But, we know she will leave. Can her spouse admit her?

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How long will this take. We are trying to get her Wednesday. We are afraid for her life .

Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As long as the individual has capacity to make a decision you will not be able to force her to remain in rehab. No one can be forced to accept medical treatement. A judge as a condition for release (probation) for committing a crime can order an individual into rehab. A spouse can also request a court order to place his spouse in rehab/ He would have to show that the drugs have created a mental disorder preventing rational decsion making and that there is exists a present danger of self injury or suicide. Two physicians would have to concur in that determination.

Here is a site that specifically deals with the situation you are facing. You should call their counseling number for Maryland.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.