Ask Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty You...
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  26 years litigating important insurance and injury cases; well-known legal author
8123047

I as a plaintiff lost a case based on incorrect ruling by the

Customer Question

I as a plaintiff lost a case based on incorrect ruling by the judge, saying that the defendant had a contract with the general contractor but actually it was directly with me.the judge erred and I also provided the copy of contract to the judge?
Expert:  Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty replied 8 years ago.
Incorrect decisions by judges are the reason there are appeals courts. If you had a lawyer on this case, discuss the appeal process with your lawyer. If you represented yourself, speak to the clerk of the court about the forms necessary for an appeal.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So I can appeal, I do have recourse, I am representing myself, so where do I go to get my papers and what do I say to them
See the clerk of the court where your lawsuit was filed and ask for forms for an appeal by a "pro se plaintiff." That means a plaintiff, like you, who is representing himself without an attorney.