Ask Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty You...
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  26 years litigating important insurance and injury cases; well-known legal author
8123047

In 2007 the city erected a traffic calming device alongside

In 2007 the city erected a "traffic calming device" alongside the entire side of my house. The procedure to install it was flawed and so is the design. There have been well over a 100 minor traffic accidents since its installation and two major accidents (that I know of) have resulted in personal injury and/or property damage. The most serious accident happened almost a year ago and has produced a lawsuit against the city. The person who was hit is a neighbor who doesn't want to get involved.

I am assuming that this device is on city property and not on your private property. If this device was defectively designed and/or installed, that will create liability for the city. If the city loses a couple of lawsuits, they will make changes or remove the device. As a private citizen there is nothing you can do, legally. I have been a City Attorney and risk manager and I am familiar with issues like this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so are you saying there is no way i can find out who has filed a lawsuit? If I get their name could I find out?
If your question is how to get details on the lawsuit, that's different. I didn't realize that was what you were asking. What City, State and County are you located in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Baltimore City (no county), Maryland

Civil suits against the City of Baltimore are heard in the Circuit Court. Below is a link where you can search for lawsuit records by name of the parties. This should enable you find the details on the suit you are looking for.

http://www.courtreference.com/Baltimore-County-Maryland-Courts.htm

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
No problem. If I've been of help, please click "accept." Thank you!