Ask Attorney & Counselor at Law Your ...
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate, Entertainment & Trial attorney with large law firm & Fortune 500 client experience.

i want to know if eventhough im suing work comp can i sue the

Customer Question

i want to know if eventhough im suing work comp can i sue the company i worked for not only is their insurance not taking care of me the company fired me and two others to get to me in my opinion then this company hired at least 1 of the 2 people back this company also does not provide or offer to provide safety equipment my injury occured while unloading an eighteen wheeler the company demands that the people that they have unload the truck do so in 2 hours this is by hand nothing is on pallets they could use roller tables back braces ect
Expert:  Attorney & Counselor at Law replied 7 years ago.
You probably cannot sue your employer if you are recovering from workman's compensation insurance. Workers comp is a state mandated insurance system that provides medical care, lost wages, and disability coverage for workers injured on the job. In exchange for maintaining this coverage, employers usually have immunity from lawsuits over workplace injuries.

If you have questions about your coverage, you should contact(NNN) NNN-NNNNand ask to speak to a supervisor.

I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!