LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

Live in Illinois. I own a trailer. The person living in the

Live in Illinois. I own a trailer. The person living in the trailer has agreed to allow someone else to live there without our permission. This person has paid no rent and lived there since Dec, 08. Is this a squatter? Or do I need to use an eviciton?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good morning,

Unless you have a rental or lease agreement with your tenant which restricts who can live there, or how many people may reside in the trailer, you have little control over the new person.

Alternatively, you can ask for a rent increase.

However, if the tenant is on a month to month rent, you can evict both the tenant and the other person by giving a month notice.

You may want to have an attorney help if you have to file eviction proceedings.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,