Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am a pro per litigant, and next week I will have a court

I am a pro per litigant, and next week I will have a court ordered mediated settlement conference. I have done well to this point following court rules and collecting evidence. I even believe that I can prove that my opponent lied during a previous motion hearing. However, I am still willing to settle. The problem is that my opponent is a licensed real estate agent, and in addition to damages, I also want to follow up the trial with a request to the Real Estate Commission to revoke this person's license. Therefore, I would only want to settle if my opponent admits guilt. Can I do this in a contract or do I need Settlement by Judgment? Are there any examples available on how to effect a Settlement by Judgment because I can't find any?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
An admission in a contract is just as legally valid as judgment from the court. In fact, a judgment stemming from an a settlement usually contains no assment of liability or fault - it just says the parties have compromised and settled the claim.

Usually an agreed judgment or judgment from settlement is one or two sentences long and basically says that the parties have compromised and settled the claims at issue in the case, without admitting fault or liability, and that the matter is therefore dismissed.