Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,

My son got into a car accident in SeptemberXXXXX where

My son got into a car accident in SeptemberXXXXX where he was working at the time we lie in New York. the person whose car he hit did not seek medical attention, nor did she get her car repaired. Our insurance Co. called her several times to assist her in getting her car repaired, but she never retured there call. She has now decided to file a civil suit against my son who was driving the car and me the owner of the car. A registered letter was sent to us and we are unsure if we should sign for it. We don't know what the stature of limitations are in Ct. and how damageing this can be for us. can you answer
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.

In CT the statute of limitation for personal injury is 2 years and for property damage it is 2 years from date the injury was or should have been discovered. She still has time to file suit against you and your son. However, the fact that she waited so long could affect her credibility as to any claim of physical injury. You should not sign anything sent by her until you show if to a personal injury or insurance defense attorney.