How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex wife wants me to pay her half of tax return 15 yrs later.

Customer Question

Ex wife wants me to pay her half of tax return 15 yrs later. check was adressed to both.I put check in business account from business I created in 1994 of which she never contributed to.She has notified I.R.S. She says she sighned a lot of papers for I.R.S. I assumed the tax return belonged to the business I created.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
I would like to help but dont understandy your problem. Please restate your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Same as above ,what should I do to satisfy this dilema 15 yrs later ? Or am I beyond a satatue of limitions,or can the I.R.S. prosecute me for forgeing my ex-wifes name on the check ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Daniel do you need more info ?