Colin Beach
Colin Beach, Attorney
Experience:  3 years experience as a foreclosure and creditor rights attorney in the State of Ohio.

I was looking through some online classifieds in Miami for

Customer Question

I was looking through some online classifieds in Miami for a massage. There is a woman who is offering a "sensual full body massage" which she performs on a massage table in her apartment. Is it illegal to set up an appointment with her and get a massage from her even though she is not a licensed therapist? Do I need to be worried about the police breaking into the door? Thanks.
Expert:  Colin Beach replied 5 years ago.
You can set up an appointment, but she is operating illegally by performing massages without a license. It would also be illegal to pay her for the "sensual" part. If you think this is a fishy practice and possible a "sting" operation, then do not go.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. No attorney-client relationship is contemplated or was produced by this communication, which is acknowledged by all parties to be for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't really think that it's a fishy op or sting. However my concern is if she's operating illegally and I still get massage from her would I get in trouble too or just her? Doesn't sensual mean many things nowadays? It's in all of the descriptions for massage places etc.. I was under the impression that an "erotic massage" was the illegal one or one that advertises genital touching etc.. Thank you for the quick answer..
Think of it like an escort. You never know what you are going to get or be offered once you have arrived for extra money. If you are engaged in something illegal, you better believe you are going to get in trouble. But getting a massage from an unlicensed therapist would not put you in danger if you could prove that's all it was. Would you be afraid to get your haircut by her? Same situation.
Colin Beach, Attorney
Experience: 3 years experience as a foreclosure and creditor rights attorney in the State of Ohio.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Makes sense. Thank you..
You are welcome