disabilityatty
disabilityatty, attorney
Experience:  I have over 17 years experience in representing Claimants for Social Security disability and SSI.
10297932

My daughter works at Mcdonald and she asked her immediate supervisor

Customer Question

My daughter works at Mcdonald and she asked her immediate supervisor if she can use the bathroom (She hass had a number of complaints about this assistant manager) , The manager told her no that she could not due to the fact theat there was a mystery shopper expected. My daught waited an hour and asked again the same assistant manager told her she should have gone before. Is this right ? My daughter happens to be disabled , and I want to know what can be done about the way she is being treated at her job .
Expert:  disabilityatty replied 5 years ago.

Hello:

I will try to assist you.

How old is your daughter? Does Mc Donalds know she has a disability? What is her disability?

jogoesq

disabilityatty, attorney
Experience: I have over 17 years experience in representing Claimants for Social Security disability and SSI.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SHe is 15 and has Fragile X Syndrome

Hello:

The first thing you have to know is that since she is a minor, any legal action to be taken would have to be taken in your name.

Secondly, unless McDonald's knows that she is disabled, or believes that she is disabled, they do not have to accord her any special treatment under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

In any case, the first thing that must be done is to file a complaint with the EEOC against MsDonald's alleging disability discrimination and hostile work environment. You can contact your local EEOC and they will discuss this case with you and advise you as to whether you do have a complaint, how to put the complaint into words, and what their process will be. There is no cost to do this.

You cannot take legal action against them until you file a complaint with the EEOC and let them go through their adminsitrative procedures.

Hope this answers your question.

jogoesq