Ask Attorney & Counselor at Law Your ...

Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate, Entertainment & Trial attorney with large law firm & Fortune 500 client experience.

ok I am tired of this. where do i get a form to pay the hemp

Customer Question

ok I am tired of this. where do i get a form to pay the hemp tax? I will pay it..where is the form..The ATF does not know!
Expert:  Attorney & Counselor at Law replied 5 years ago.
Sir - what you are seeking is a bit of an urban myth. There is no actual form to pay hemp tax. When hemp was first criminalized in the 30s, congress used its taxing authority to justify the criminalization. They made a law that required hemp to be taxed, but did not have any way for the tax to be paid - that made it effectively illegal.
Currently, the laws surrounding hemp are based upon congress authority to regulate police powers and the safety of individuals. They do not rely on taxing authority for hemp laws anymore. I advise you to not spend anymore money searching for this form. Good luck
Attorney & Counselor at Law, Attorney
Experience: Corporate, Entertainment & Trial attorney with large law firm & Fortune 500 client experience.
Expert:  porterlegal replied 5 years ago.
DearCustomer

Sixteen states, including Texas, require a drug tax to be paid when someone purchases, acquires, sells or manufactures marijuana or illegal narcotics. The drug tax is applied to hemp as well, since it is considered the same as marijuana in most states. This is handled by the state's Department of Revenue, just as any other state tax.

You simply go to the appropriate office of the taxing authority and state that you want to pay the drug tax and tell them the amount and type of drugs. You do not have to have the marijuana or drugs with you. You will receive a stamp that is to be placed on the hemp, marijuana or drugs.

You will find this information in your state's revenue or tax code. Or you can call your state Department of Revenue and ask for directions to the nearest office where you can pay the tax.

Please note that failure to pay the tax is considered a criminal act.