Ask Attorney & Counselor at Law Your ...
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate, Entertainment & Trial attorney with large law firm & Fortune 500 client experience.
15568977

Someone I know posted an message titled Why does the christianity

Someone I know posted an message titled "Why does the christianity generate muderers?" in the public bulletinboard over the internet. As a christian, I felt humilation and insult by this posting. Is there any way that I can sue him for the my emotional damage and also for the religious discrimination and distortion without any proof? He also insults people with interracial marriage in the internet. I have captured screen and know his address and contact number. Please let me know the legal possibilities.
I can understand your concerns. Unfortunately, the law does not offer much help for a someone in your position. The US constitution along with state laws give the right to post absolutely anything on the internet that does not directly harm someone. It part of the freedom of speech each of us has. If the law were to allow legal action in this case, the legal system would become overwhelmed.
You generally can not sue for emotional distress when the distress is the result of something you saw on the internet. You have the right to put up a website in opposition but you do not have any legal recourse. Good luck
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Changing the point of view, is the freedom of speech superior to the racism or the religious discrimination? Say, if I say all the blacks are lazy and criminals in the public place, it still is not illegal? Hmmm...

Actually, your statement is protected as well. If you are referring to employment, or access to a public place, then discrimination may be against the law. However, I think you are referring to what the law considers pure protected speech.
Perhaps you will find this article useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech