Joseph Leon
Joseph Leon, Attorney
Experience:  General practitioner; all areas of law; practicing 15 years; licensed in 4 states.

About five monthes Ago I sold a Vehicle in Colorado I sold

Customer Question

About five monthes Ago I sold a Vehicle in Colorado I sold it under the understanding that the person Purchasing it would send money directly to chase to settle up remaining Balance owing On account she tells me she has paid it but has yet to prove it..its been 5 monthes i feel like Its time to get vehicle back according to her she has paid vehicle off but chase keeps calling me Im still making payments ....... She tells me its in repair shop and she has spent 3900.00 on it Would this shop be able to keep my vehicle or can i just take it She requested work to be done does shop can i just take vehicle back
Expert:  Joseph Leon replied 7 years ago.
Answering your last question first, a repair shop can hold the property until the repair bill is paid. She placed it in the shop, but she had the car with your permission and apparent authority.

As for getting your car back, did you already transfer title?

Even after you accept, I will continue to answer your questions until we determine your next steps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I never gave Her Permission To enter into Contract With Vehicle for repairs so I dont

no how I would be responsible for that If she never paid For vehicle Wouldnt that be stealing also be a felony Im no lawyer so i dont Know

You gave her title to the car, didn't you?