Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

how do I get my ID number online, since i lost my id and dont

Customer Question

how do I get my ID number online, since i lost my id and don't remember the number
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What ID number are you looking for?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I lost my ID and I need a way to get the id number is XXXXX anyway I can get my number online
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a california state id
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a california state id

Because of strict laws regarding identity theft and illegal immigration, you cannot locate these ID numbers online in CA. You have to go in person to their office with other forms of proof of your identity and they will look up the number and will make you a new ID card. Without some other proof of your identity they will not even give you a new card, much less the card number.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”