skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues

How can I find out whos trying to serve me papers Is there

Customer Question

How can I find out who's trying to serve me papers?? Is there someway to check online?? Also, is there anyway o inding out when the sheriff will arrive to evict you out o your apartment??
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You can call the sheriff's dept and ask them. They may not tell you so then go online and put in your housing court where you live and see if they have an online docket. If they do you can search it by last name and see if there is a filed case against you for eviction or forcible entry and detainer which means you are being evicted. It is likely the sheriff will not tell you when they are coming to do the eviction.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, thank you... Actually those were 2 different questions??? My first one, was how to look up online if someone is trying to serve me papers or a debt?? But thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the eviction one or me too... : )
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
2 different questions, but also two ways of going about trying to figure out who is suing you and then who is serving you. The sheriff may tell you that it has papers to serve upon you and by whom but will not tell you when because they know you may try and not be there at the time to avoid their service.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, I can understand that... Is there anyway to find out this info. online??? I would just like to know some more info. about who and how much I owe??? Do they ever settle outside of court, I'm just not real fond of courtrooms if possible????
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
On an eviction you would be required to be paid what is owed. In my first answer, look at your local housing court and get its name then put it into google ie Kennewick municipal court and see if there is a docket. If there is click on and search by your last name to see if you were sued.