RBinJax, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.

Is there a time limit on filing a civil lawsuit

Expert:  RBinJax replied 7 years ago.
Yes. Please tell me where you live and what type of case you are considering and I will try to give you a more specific answer.

In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you would make a deposit so that I may be credited for my assistance after I answer further.

Thanks and I lookforward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I live in Sacramento, California

I lost my job while I was on medical leave and the Labor Commission also never got back with me. My co-worker was able to use family leave at the same time, without a doctor's excuse. I was taken off from work medically by the doctor, I was not given family leave, as a result I lost my homes(2) and other problems. But I could not hire any attorney in town. They would see me on a consultation, but I worked for the Housing Authorities, no one would touch it. This has been since 1996 and I medically have never recovered. Can you explain what a civil lawsuit consist of and if there is a statue of limitation on time in filing.