LegalEase, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in Family law, Wills and Estate Planning

can social services interview children without a parent or

Customer Question

can social services interview children without a parent or teacher around?
Expert:  LegalEase replied 7 years ago.
Yes, as they make the point that a child may not be forth coming if an authority figure is there, especially the alleged abuser.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can social workers force a parent to take a UA, even though parent does not do any drugs at all, and there is and never has been evidence of drug use?
Expert:  LegalEase replied 7 years ago.
They can make it a condition, yes. Best interests of the child. And when the test comes back negative then that is in their record, which is good to defend you against further issues against your parents.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I take adderall for adult ADD and have a doctors approval for it, will they try and use that against me? and what can I do to protect my girls and myself from my parents who have pretty much scared my girls emotionally for a long time?
Expert:  LegalEase replied 7 years ago.
As long as you have a prescription and are taking the drug lawfully, no, that cannot be used against you.

You have done the best thing you can, which is getting a court order. You can continue to have that order enforced if they violate it.

Unfortunately, Social Services must take seriously each tip they get that a child is being abused, so that is something your parents may be able to harass you with, as tips can be made anonymously and Social Services cannot tell you who made the tip. However, if you have a clean drug test, and pass muster, they will have a clean record for you and will be on your side.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this whole nasty situation has been an on-going headache for awile now and would take too long to explain, I just hope and pray they will stop harassing my family. They have already violated the "no contact" within the first couple hours of being served, should I bring that to the attention of the authorities? It was made through a 3rd party
Expert:  LegalEase replied 7 years ago.
You certainly may bring any violations of the order to the authorities, and you may also bring it to the attention of the court. I am concerned that you say they contacted you through a third party though. Depending on how they contacted you via that 3 party they may have skirted around the language of the order.