alex reese
alex reese, Attorney
Experience:  BS, MS, JD
14461494

Hello, I am trying to find out how to get paid for a image

Customer Question

I am trying to find out how to get paid for a image tha has been used in 7 so far ad's. I have repaetly contacted this company with little or no response. This has been going on for 6 months.
Do I need to start with a cease and decease order and then etc. ?
Expert:  alex reese replied 8 years ago.
If the image is your original creation (e.g. a photo you took or an image you created) then you likely have a copyright and can prevent others from reproducing/using the image. You should immediately send them a cease and desist letter that oulines your rights, how they are violating them, and the attempts (emails, phonecalls etc) you have taken to contact them etc. You can opt to make them stop using the image alltogether or agree upon a licensing program (either exclusive or non-exclusive use....preferrably non-exclusive) whereby you would get royalties in some form (lump-sum or running percentage for example)