Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
5180018

I PAID WITH MY UNEMPLOYMENT CARD A FEE OF $299 TO A COMPANY

I PAID WITH MY UNEMPLOYMENT CARD A FEE OF $299 TO A COMPANY CALLED B2B CREDIT TO GET ME A START UP CREDIT CARD TO BUILD MY CREDIT AND THEY ASKED ME TO SEND MY ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION. THEY SAID THAT TO DO THAT CREDIT START UP KIT I NEED TO PAY $99 A MONTH UNTIL CREDIT IS GOOD TO GIVE THEM POWER OF ATTY SO THEY CAN DO IT. WHEN I LOOKED FOR THE POWER ATTY DOCUMENT, WHICH THEY SAID WAS ATTACHED TO THE LETTER THEY E-MAILED, IT WAS NOT THERE. THEY SAID THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THEY WOULD PROCEED WITH THE CREDIT BUILDING. I THINK I WAS SCAMMED. WHAT CAN I DO TO AVOID THEM FROM CHARGING MY UNEMPLOYMENT CARD ANY FURTHER?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
You need to immediately contact the issuing agency to request that the payment authorization be stopped. You should also request a new card number so no further charges can be made against you.