C.Fortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker

Please Help me I met someone two weeks ago and got engaged,

Customer Question

Please Help me I met someone two weeks ago and got engaged, which I broke off telephonically, he keeps harrasing me and now says his going to open a case against me and my father for a broken promise he claims to havr recorded all our telephone conversations, and say its due to the fact that my father interfred in our relationship. All my father did was phone me to find out what time we would be home, he told me he lives in a flat, only for me to find out he lives on someones property and rents a room in there servants courters, he has no money or job, what can I do to get him off my back and can he open a case against us?
Expert:  C.Fortunato replied 7 years ago.
Where do you live?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Other
I opened your e - mail but have not received ab answer the answer box is empty no reply
It must have gotten lost!
There is no such this as an action for a broken promise, especially as far as matrimony is concerned.
If he keeps harrassing you, you can call the police.
By the way, if he has no job and no money, he most likely does not have the necessary equipment to record a phone conversation!
Please let me know if you would like any further assistance.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I met a guy 2 weeks ago got engaged I broke the engagement telephonically, he now wants to open a case against my father and myself for a broken promise says my father interfered in our relationship all he did was phone to ask when we would be home this man has no money rents a room on someones property, I payed for te ring can he open a case against us? what can I do to get and keep him off my back?
Same question!