MStrisik, Attorney
Experience:  General practitioner; former litigator.

I live in Arizona. My apartment building doesnt allow satellite

Customer Question

I live in Arizona. My apartment building doesn't allow satellite dishes attached to the building. I'm ok with using a tripod or a bucket with cement and a pole for my dish. If I attach an American Flag to the pole that has the dish on it, and do NOT attach the pole/dish to the building in any way, does H.R. 42: Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 protect me from having to take the pole/dish down?
Expert:  MStrisik replied 7 years ago.

I appreciate your creativity. This bill became law in 2006. The law provides that a condominium association, a cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not prohibit a resident of the association from displaying an American flag on their property within the association. American citizens should not be prevented from expressing simple acts of patriotism, especially raising the flag

on their own property, even if their property is part of a larger association of properties.

If you can accomplish this without attaching a satellite to the building structure, then you should be just fine. But you cannot use one law to break another.

M. Strisik, Esq.

Expert:  MStrisik replied 7 years ago.
Again, I hope I was helpful. Please accept my answer if you are satisfied.