Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I am having a problem with a woman spreading false statements

Customer Question

I am having a problem with a woman spreading false statements about me and my family. It has affected my life and my 13 yr old daughters directly and my husbands indirectly. What can I do to stop this?
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your information. I am happy to assist you.

You appear able to bring a civil action for harassment and defamation against her.

Defamation generally consists of: (1) a false statement of fact about another; (2) an unprivileged publication of that statement to a third party; (3) some degree of fault, depending on the type of case; and (4) some harm or damage.

Libel is defamation by the printed word and slander is defamation by the spoken word.

I suggest that you retain competent local counsel.

If you have any additional questions that you would like me to assist you with, you can start your question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Best of luck.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit.

Bonus and Positive Feedback indicate a job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE.