Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Condo community has not managed to stop pet owners from abiding

Condo community has not managed to stop pet owners from abiding by county "pooper scooper" laws. The animals are creating an unsanitary environment. A dog has been ill several times directly related to her exposure to other dogs' poop. The dog's owner has gotten a bacterial infection from the dog as a result. Cannot afford any more vet bills, and owners health has been compromised. Not looking for reimbursement so much as leverage to force the condo board and tenants to clean up after the pets. What can we do?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Consider contacting the Board of Health and reporting the health hazard and resulting human bacterial infection. Additionally, contact your municipality and request that they enforce the law.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE