Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

In my County CHP officers do not callibrate radar after each

Customer Question

In my County CHP officers do not callibrate radar after each stop, radar and tuning forks are sent for recertification every 30 months, are there cases I can cite that establish this is not Reasonable time period for judical notice of proper use of radar
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Radar does not need to be calibrated after each stop, but must be calibrated with the tuning forks before the officer runs radar each day. There are no cases stating that the tuning forks need to be sent to calibration at any time.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.