P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

My wife was emplyed at a non for profit animal welfare organisation

My wife was emplyed at a non for profit animal welfare organisation in Chicago, IL. She witnessed multiple instances of neglect/abuse which resulted in injury/death to numerous animals. She was unable to document these in any way and is unable to prove the abuse. We wish to raise public awareness about this thru; local media, flyers, and a web page. Can they sue us for defemation/slander? What can we do to protect us from this?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Truth is a defense to a charge of slander or defamation.

More info on defamation here

That said, if they sue, you would be well advised to have an attorney defend you. The burden of proof would be on the company to prove what your wife says is untrue. If it is true, then I suspect they will have difficulty proving it is not.

But it may cost a bit for the attorney to defend you. I suppose this should be part of the analysis