P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Two people owe me alot of money. one owes me 300,000.00 and

Two people owe me alot of money. one owes me 300,000.00 and the other person owes me 150,000.00. i have some checks and cashiers checks and all my statements showing when they borrowed the money. An attorney told me to go to some website and hire a collections attorney. I went to that website and didnt see anyone called a Collection Attorney. Is there something else i can do or is there an official name for a collection attorney? i really want to sue these two people and get this money or some of the money back.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

For this kind of money, you really should take each to court and prove your case. When you have done this, you will get a judgment. With the judgment you can then garnish any bank accounts they have or take other steps to seize their property to satisfy your judgment.

The process is simply, you will simply go to court and explain to the judge why they owe you money. If you can show that they do, the court will likely rule in your favor.

You will need an attorney to proceed. YOu can start here

www.martindale.com

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.    
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That is what INFOLAWYER told me last time, but he stated i needed a collection attorey. I went to that website you and he suggested and there doesn't list a Collection Attorney. So for me, someone that knows nothing about sueing, doesn't get that website. Its confusing. and if i don't see Collection Attorney, I dont know what to look for. I even had my friend look at it and he couldn't figure it out.

Is there a way you could be more specific.

You could retain an attorney to write a letter on your behalf, threatening to sue if they do not pay up. Really this is only a threat and there is NO requirement that they pay up....for this amount of money I suspect you will need to sue. WHen you find an attorney that can handle the suit(s), they can draft the letter first...and wait for the response. But more than likely you will need to follow through and file suit

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i understand that, but what type of attorney do i hire? i was told a Collection

Attorney, but there isnt an attorney on there called COLLECTION ATTORNEY. I need to know the legal name of the type of attorney to hire. Please.

Sorry

This would be a contracts attorney.

Any attorney WITH COURTROOM EXPERIENCE who can argue contract law. The contract part is easy...but the court room experience is not always easy to find.

I would interview several and pick one that will fight for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you sooo much. That helps me. I will try that and hopefully it will help! Have a nice evening and a Happy New Year. Good Luck! Laughingtitle="Laughing" width="18" height="18"/>
Welcome

P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience: 16 yrs. of trial experience